10 Little Known Facts About Cut Flowers
Ever wonder how to make your cut flowers last longer?
Here are some useful tips that will help you pick and keep your flowers fresh for longer.
1. When you bring your cuts flowers home, be sure to cut them before putting them in water.
2. Cut the tips of the flowers on an angle, to allows better water absorption.
3. Changing the water every day will help keep your flowers lasting longer.
4. Adding a little teaspoon of sugar to the water will enhance the life of your flowers.
5. Use room temperature water to add to your flowers.
6. Keep flowers at room temperature. Exposing flowers to high heat or cold temperatures will damage your flowers.
7. When choosing a flower such as a rose, be sure to choose one that is firm and beginning to bud.
8. Hydrangeas can be sprayed with water to enhance their life.
9. Fresh flowers can last a full day at room temperature without water. But be sure cut them before you add them to the water!
10. Adding fresh flowers to any room will brighten up the room and your day!